Need a Real Estate Agent to Sell Your Home?

Click here for a list of real estate agents who can answer questions about fire sprinklers and help you buy/sell sprinklered homes



In Illinois there are 102 communities and Fire Districts that require residential fire sprinklers in new single family homes and townhomes. Four new towns have passed these ordinances this year alone.  In addition, all of the model building and fire codes have now been requiring fire sprinkler protection in their latest updated editions. The NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) has had this requirement in their 2006, 2009, and 2012 Editions of Standard 101 Life Safety Code, Standard 1 the National Fire Protection Code and Standard 5,000, their Building Code, plus the ICC (International Code Council) has this requirement in their 2009 and 2012 Edition of the IRC (International Residential Code) all for new construction.

Thus the need for qualified and trained real estate agents to become fully educated about these fire protection features is necessary for them to sell your house and to show you the homes that are fire sprinkler protected. We are looking for real estate agents who will be listed on a database that will be made available for all of the 102 communities.

If you are a real estate agent who wants to be listed on this database just e-mail your contact info and we will post it by community.

More updates to come.

Real Estate Agent Survey

HFSC Training Classes available here.

Northern Illinois Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board

Thomas A. Lia (Bio), Executive Director –
62 Orland Square Dr Suite 201
Orland Park, IL 60462
Phone: (708) 403- 4468
Fax: (708) 403- 4771