On December 28, Fire sprinklers kept a fire from spreading at the Winnetka Community House fitness center. The incident was caused when towels in a dryer caught fire. The blaze was contained in the laundry room and fitness center area, largely thanks to the building’s sprinkler system. “The sprinklers kind of held it in check until we got there,” said Winnetka Fire Chief Alan Berkowsky. “The system did its job, which I think was what made a difference in saving the building.” The fitness center reopened the following day.